A Southern Gothic, multi-media 'Faust' written and produced by Lonesome Liz featuring art by Liz, Wes Freed, Molly Crabapple and others with an Outlaw Country/Gospel score with Liz and J.B. Beverley. Visit Lonesome Liz Music: lonesomelizmusic.blogspot.com

The Spider

Monday, May 27, 2013

The Lady With Three Eyes



Even when I was young, children believed when I said
I had eyes in the back of my head.

But I don’t.
Just the one here - dead
center like the statues
in India.

It doesn't shut or cry.
No one knows why.

It doesn't see clearly
or nearly
as far. A dim star
set in skin pale and pitted
like the moon.

People are always tempted
to poke it.

I’ve tried hats
and things like that
to hide the eye
but it gets too dry
under cover - sad fact.

The fortune teller
is morbidly fascinated;
and is sure I can ward
off the evil eye and other charms
intending harm.
I would have been beautiful
So I’m told.

No comments:

Post a Comment